Friday, April 24, 2009

Baby Cooper is Here!!!

It was a tuesday morning-March 24th to be exact. Ryan and I were on our way to the doctors because my blood pressure was very high and my feet/legs were extremly swollen. We thought it was going to be just a regular doctors appt and that Doctor Rogers would send me home and tell me to just keep laying down but we were wrong. He admitted me to the hospital after deciding that the baby needed to come out c-section since he said I couldnt physically deliever him.
this was 3/15

I spent the entire day in bed hooked up to this medicine to help get my blood pressure down, and let me tell you its the worst ever. I felt like I was on fire (like a dragon)burning from my feet to my head. That night Ryan stayed right beside me as I couldnt sleep and was extremly uncomfortable.
The next morning all of our family arrived, Ryan got his gear on and we went into surgery. I was a bit nervous as they rolled me into the delievery room but I knew I was going to see my baby boy very soon. The delievery went great except for the whole spinal block that hurt. Ryan watched the entire thing and can tell you details but he did say it was unbelievable. It was at 8:09 am when I heard that little cry which brought tears to my eyes.
Cooper James was finally here weighting in at 8lbs 13oz 19 1/2"

He was 3 weeks early ,the doctors still went off his original date which was april 17th. After they cleaned him off Ryan brought him over to me and I got to give my baby boy a kiss. I cant remember a ton during this time but I remember feeling so much love for someone so quickly.

Then off to the NICU he went for six hours, but ryan was right by his side experiencing it all as I recovered. I didnt get to hold Cooper till 2 in the afternoon and I was so excited to finally have him in my arms. I cant explain all the emotions I had but I do know that after carrying him for almost nine months and now seeing his gorgeous little face was unbelievble. He truly is a gift from God. We were at the hospital from wed till saturday afternoon having tests done(since he did have jaundice),resting and enjoyed having our friends and family come by.

Here are just a few of our favorites from the hospital.







No comments: